Monday 20 February 2012

Will Walk For Food

I first hiked from Lake Louise to the tea house at The Plain of the Six Glaciers back in 1966 and was rewarded with coffee and a delicious piece of home made apple pie. It is a vivid recollection and ever since,  my hiking motto has been something along the line of "Will Walk for Food"

I wonder if I will remember any of what we will be taking with us on the Milford track?  Having hefted all our food options, I suspect that my Milford food memories will (unhappily) be limited to whatever items might be classified as part of a weight-bearing regime.

Food for Four.  Yum Yum
Here is a picture of what we will be carrying.  I've not included the pots, dishes, cutlery, granola and bread that are yet to come, nor the meat and fresh vegetables that Ian has planned for a first night stir-fry. The bottle of wine he intends to pack is missing, too. I will lobby hard for consuming the heaviest foods first!

Personally, I am most enthusiastic about the bag of One Square Meal (s) -- each portion is a meal replacement of 750 calories.  If we had purchased one bag apiece, think of the space (and weight) we could have saved!   But I bet they don't taste like apple pie...

No comments:

Post a Comment