Wednesday 7 March 2012

Lotsa Loos: Milford

Outdoor toilets abound on the Milford Track!

Unisex Kea-keep-out toilet at the Mintaro Hut



I admit to preferring single sex toilets at the hiking huts although there are none on this track.  (Warm water would have been nice too, but I know the wardens would have disapproved.  Soft tourists! )


However, I considered the numerous trailside toilets a real improvement  over the "toilet  trees", "bathroom bushes" and "biffy boulders" that I have used on other hiking expeditions!




The loo at the top of the pass is advertised as having the best view in New Zealand -- a "must stop" destination for all Milford hikers.  But I figure every outdoor toilet is an invitation that should be accepted -- you never know when another will come along.


Standard issue trailside toilet is inspected by Roz

This loo with a view is at the top of the Mackinnon Pass.  There is a window looking down the valley.


No comments:

Post a Comment